Thursday, May 10, 2007

Google labs

Today I discovered Google labs. It provides a lot of interesting services. I went into some of them.

I found out that Google Reader has same functions and features as search reader – bloglines, which keeps track of your favorite websites, update the news, share with friends. We can use it anywhere for free.

Google Music Trends is a very nice website for music lover. You also can post your feedback and discuss songs on line.

Google Trends analyzes how many searches have been done for the terms you enter relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time. It shows you a graph with the results .I am surprised to find out that Google Trends is also available in Chinese.

Most of these services can be used by our librarians for help patron. They are very good information resources. Some are the good resources for personal use such as Google Page Create and Picasa for Linux. I like to try Google Page Create to get my own website.

No comments: