Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lists of Web 2.0 services

I discovered some services in the lists of Web 2.0 today. I chosen the Web2.0 Award nominees and played around with “Books”. I took the tour in LuLu. com. It shows people how to publish and sell books, E-books CDs, DVDs ... It is fast, easy and free. I don’t think we use can it for our library, but we can provide this resource for our patron if they need this information.

Then I got into the Biblio.com. This is the website for looking and buying used books and out-of –print books. The search function is very similar with our library system: search by author, by title, by keyword or ISBN and it also has advanced search. I think this website our library can use for our patron to buy books on line if we don’t have them in our library catalog. Especially for students need some textbooks or some people need the book that out-of-print. It has good deal to buy discount books or bargain books there. I think people will like it.

No comments: